As a shared web hosting company, WebHostingHub is one of the cheapest out there. They do not provide dedicated hosting services or anything else so what you see is what you get. This WebHostingHub review provides a detail view of WebHostingHub’s web hosting services. It also offers relevant recommendations if you’re still looking for the right company in the end.
They are a green web hosting company, the first to open a green data center in Los Angeles actually. Their most unique feature is the 90-day money back guarantee which is almost unheard of in the web hosting industry.
WebHostingHub has been opened since 2010 and is managed by InMotion and not by EIG (Endurance International Group). They only provide 3 levels of shared hosting, which are decent for anyone starting out or growing a business or blog online. They also provide their customers with up to $250 in advertising credit through Google AdWords, Yahoo, and Bing.
Their uptime average is 99.99%, which is amazing considering the average is 99.94%. While speed is mostly based on which plan you decide on, their average page load times are about 630ms overall. This is about average in the industry but overall very stable.
With WebHostingHub, you can expect to pay anywhere from $3.99 to $16.99 a month for web hosting services. They do not offer other forms of web hosting, so shared hosting is all you will get. Each level is about the same but the more you pay affects the speed and quality of your services in kind.
In the chart below you will see a range of prices for each of their 3 plans. This represents the lowest price you can get – by paying for longer periods of time at once – and the highest price for that plan, which is paid monthly.
|Package Name||Dedicated to||Price||Disk Space||Bandwidth||Websites||Hosting Type|
|Dynamo||Well Established Sites||$7.99-$16.99/mo||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||cPanel|
Security & Risk
One would think that WebHostingHub would have limited security. However, they are optimized for eCommerce sites. There servers are protected by suPHP encryption and Advanced Policy Firewalls. While they don’t provide free SSL certificates, they do support them. They also allow for multiple SSL certificates. They also have all the standard features such as anti-virus and anti-spam protection as well as SSH access.
Like most budget-friendly hosting services, they do not offer 24/7 network monitoring, however for the services they do provide, their security is sufficient.
Usability & User Friendliness
WebHostingHub has an extensive website builder called BoldGrid. BoldGrid comes for free in WordPress when you purchase hosting with WebHostingHub. It has more functionality and features than any other website builder online to date. The website you create is responsive and you have 100% ownership of the website design. BoldGrid even allows you to edit the code behind the design if you so choose.
Besides an amazing website builder, WebHostingHub also offers over 400 web hosting software applications through the free Softaculous marketplace. Also, if you are new to hosting, WebHostingHub will hold your hand and walk you through the process of setting up your account and site.
Customer Support & Additional Info
They have 24/7/365 U.S. based support via phone, chat, and email. Because they are optimized for eCommerce, they provide access to OpenCart, Magneto, PrestaShop, and many other eCommerce cart systems. WebHostingHub does not limit the number of products you can have in your store. If you have a new website, free transfers are available with zero downtime.
Their customer service reviews online are mostly positive. Hardly any customers report issues regarding WebHostingHub’s customer support.
WebHostingHub Overall Rating
Now that we have given you all the details, here are some major points of consideration for you.
What we like:
- Incredible Uptime – An average 99.99% uptime is incredible for a shared hosting company.
- Optimized for eCommerce – It’s great to see that WEbHostingHub takes online business seriously. Growing businesses definitely need the extra security and speed to help boost their business online.
- Excellent Website Builder – BoldGrid is the most extensive, fluid website builder we have ever seen. It’s the next best thing to coding it yourself.
What we don’t like:
- Limited Scalability – WebHostingHub only offers 3 hosting plans and all of them are shared.
Web Hosting Plans & Prices: 4/5
Security & Risk: 4/5
Customer Support: 5/5
WebHostingHub Top Alternatives
If you haven’t fully decided on using WebHostingHub after reading this WebHostingHub review then why not take a look at these top competitors.
- Bluehost – Bluehost has many options for scalability. If your website grows faster than you expect, then Bluehost might be the better option. They have VPS and dedicated servers. The one downside to using Bluehost is that they have a lower uptime and speed than WebHostingHub.
- TMDHosting – TMDHosting is one of the fastest web hosting companies out there. Their prices are slightly cheaper than WebHostingHub and they have a comparable uptime. They also offer global data centers and hosting options than WebHostingHub with excellent customer support.
- A Small Orange – A Small Orange web hosting services have even lower pricing than WebHostingHub. However, they do have some limits on their disk space and bandwidth. These limits will not bother smaller websites as they grow unless they receive an insane amount of traffic. They also offer free SSL certificates and are PCI compliant.
As you have seen in our WebHostingHub review, WebHostingHub is refreshingly brilliant. They offer great shared hosting for great, low pricing and have some security features that comparable hosting companies do not offer. Their BoldGrid website builder allows anyone to make profession-looking websites easily. If you are a startup company with a small or growing blog or if you have an eCommerce site then we highly recommend WebhHostingHub.
Do you have experience with WebHostingHub? If so, please feel free to share in the comments below. We always enjoy hearing questions, comments, and thoughts from our visitors!