Globat is a simple, shared hosting company that provides budget-friendly hosting to those that are looking for a place to host their startup site, a small blog, or growing website. They only have two plans and both are under $20/month. In this Globat review, we will describe their features and services in full detail while giving relevant information to help you make an informed decision. Should you decide that Globat is not a good fit for your web hosting needs, we have a few other recommendations that you might want to check out.
Globat was founded in 2001 and grew quickly. They became a part of Endurance International Group (EIG) which owns a lot of shared hosting companies found online today including iPage, HostGator, and Bluehost. While there is little doubt that the web hosting companies under the EIG umbrella offer solid web hosting plans and services, there is quite a lot of people unhappy with the monopolizing going on in the industry.
Globat’s uptime average since December 2005 is 99.91%. However. they have managed to maintain a 100% uptime rating. Amazingly, speed tests have shown that their average uptime is 54ms. Unfortunately, there are customer reviews that report having speeds over 1-2 minutes.
As mentioned earlier, there are two hosting plans. One plan starts out at the introductory rate of $4.44/month and can go up to $14.95/month once that promotional period is over. If you sign up for a longer period of time, the cost per month goes down slightly, but it must be paid up front.
Globat’s second plan starts at $19.95/month and while they state that it goes up after the promotional period, they do not clearly state on their website how much it is once that period is over.
|Package Name||Dedicated to||Price||Disk Space||Bandwidth||Websites||Hosting Type|
Security & Risk
Globat provides a shared SSL certificate to their clients which is vital for eCommerce sites. However, shared SSL certificates are not as secure as private or wildcard SSLs. You have the option to add them, but you’ll have to purchase them separately.
They also offer 24×7 network monitoring at their 2 data center locations, UPS power back-up diesel back-up generators that keep the servers up and running in the event of a power outage at the data centers.
Usability & User Friendliness
Globat has a huge amount of user-friendly features that new and seasoned webmasters will enjoy. Here are just a few:
- Drag & Drop Site Builder – Website Creator by CM4all has 100 templates with multiple color schemes and allows up to 9 site pages and a blog.
- One-Click Installs – for WordPress, osCommerce, and more.
- Shopping Cart Options – Choose from ShopSite Plus, osCommerce, and many more.
- AWStats – Get live, easy-to-read statistics about your website any time.
Globat review writers mention that the company ensures that even their newest customer can have an amazing website.
Customer Support & Additional Info
Globat offers expert support 24x7x365 via live chat, toll-free phone, or online form. In addition to this, they have tutorials and an extensive FAQs section. They also include $200 in Bing and Google AdWords advertising credits.
Their online reviews are very diverse. Most good reviews state that their website runs fast and is always up. Bad reviews complain about speed or their bad billing practices and warn others to watch their bills for unauthorized charges from Globat. This may be the reason that they only offer the standard 30-day money back guarantee.
Globat Overall Rating
Now that we have explained all of the features that Globat offers, here’s the short-list of relevant features we find the most important.
What we like:
- Excellent Uptime – Globat has really come a long way in this.
- Unlimited Resources – No matter which plan you choose, you get unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and unlimited domains.
What we don’t like:
- Shopping Cart Limit – If you’re wanting to use their free shopping cart, you will only be able to have 50 products at a time.
- Sketchy Customer Reviews – While some customers love Globat, others are left with a bad taste in their mouth.
Web Hosting Plans & Prices: 4/5
Security & Risk: 3/5
Customer Support: 3/5
Globat Top Alternatives
Still trying to find the right web hosting company? Check out these top competitors and see what they have to offer.
- TMDHosting – TMDHosting is twice as fast as Globat. They have shared, WordPress, VPS, and dedicated hosting services. They also have a 100% uptime average and excellent security and support features all around.
- iPage – Also part of the EIG group of hosting companies, iPage offers more than just two shared hosting plans. That way, if you need more for your website you can have it. They have a slightly lower uptime average and page load speed than Globat.
- GoDaddy – GoDaddy is one of the best names in domain registration on the internet. They also offer some solid web hosting services including a business class shared hosting, reseller, VPS, and dedicated servers.
If you’re looking for cheap, shared hosting services for a small or growing business, then Globat might be a good host for you. What really concerns us is the multiple reports of billing problems with the company as the services continue with them. They have wonderful features that are user-friendly with their unlimited shared hosting plans. We recommend Globat but we do so with caution.
If you liked this Globat review or have questions, thoughts or comments, please feel free to share with us in the comment section below!