Network Solutions is a web hosting company that promises one-on-one technical support for all of their clients, regardless of what hosting package they decide on. They offer hosting servers for numerous types of hosting including WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
There are so many web hosting companies on the market that making a decision on which one to use is incredibly hard. This Network Solutions review goes into detail about all the features Network Solutions offers. We shall also give a few relevant recommendations for you as well.
Network Solutions Overview
Speed and Uptime is an important factor when selecting a web hosting company. Network Solutions offers average page load speeds of 589ms. They have an uptime guarantee of 99.99%, which is excellent. Most web hosting companies offer 99.9%, leaving a lot of room for error, but Network Solutions does not do this.
Network Solutions offers quite a bit of storage for even their smallest plan. Webmasters are also able to upload their files via Secure FTP. All of their plans include one free domain name registration.
Network Solutions also has many extras that most other web hosting companies do not offer. They have marketing help for Google and social media. For just $15 extra a month, a blogger can have extra security for their WordPress website.
Their prices start as low as $9.96/month when signing up for a full year or hosting services. They offer shared hosting and VPS hosting services and offer 24/7 sales support to help you choose the right package for your needs.
|Package Name||Dedicated to||Price||Disk Space||Bandwidth||Websites||Hosting Type|
|Web Hosting||Small/Startup Sites||$9.96/mo||300GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||Custom|
|Professional Hosting||Growing Sites/Blogs||$15.78/mo||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Custom|
|Professional Plus||Medium/Large Sites||$21.62/mo||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Custom|
|VPS Hosting||Large Sites/Agencies||$40.00+||10GB – 20GB||500GB – 2,000GB||Unlimited||Custom|
Security & Risk
Every package that Network Solutions comes with malware scanning. While they offer most standard features, such as spam filtering and hotlink protection, most security features have to be paid for. WordPress users can order their WordPress Secure plan for $15.00/month. SSL certificates start at $54.99/year and go up to $399.50/year for the Extended SSL. Site Seal, which validates your businesses identity and places a badge on your website, can be purchased for as low as $59.00/year. Network Solutions also offers a free trial of the SiteLock Premium service, which scans your site for viruses.
Usability & User Friendliness
Network Solutions has an easy-to-use website builder with hundreds of professional-looking templates to chose from. You can do it yourself, or you can contact Network Solutions. They will build a website with no upfront charges, though there are ongoing fees once the website is up and running.
They have marketing and eCommerce packages that customers can choose from as well, however, most of these are paid services. These services include Facebook Boost, Jump Start Store Set-up, Call Center Plus, Pay-Per-Click Marketing, SEO services, and Email Marketing services.
Customer Support & Additional Info
Their customer service is 24/7 real person support and they can be contacted by phone or email at any time. Unfortunately, the review online about their customer service, sales, billing departments are all pretty unsatisfactory. Customers complain about difficulties changing simple information, unexplained charges, and slow resolution for any of these issues.
Network Solutions Overall Rating
What are the pros and cons of using Network Solutions? Here is what we discovered while researching for this Network Solutions review.
What we like:
- Excellent Uptime Guarantee – A 99.99% uptime guarantee is rare in the web hosting industry.
- Budget-Friendly Package Pricing – The base prices of the plans are good for those that are on a tight budget.
What we don’t like:
- Billing Issues – There are a lot of customer complaints online about seeing unexplained recurring charges for services or products they did not sign up for.
- Expensive Add-Ons – While their add-ons are great, they start to get very pricey. No wonder their base plan prices are so low.
Web Hosting Plans & Prices: 4/5
Security & Risk: 3/5
Customer Support: 1/5
Network Solutions Top Alternatives
Are you still looking for a web hosting service after reading our Network Solutions review? Check out these competitors.
- Bluehost – Bluehost is quite a big name in the web hosting industry. They offer a much larger range of hosting options than Network Solutions. While their customer service seems to be slow according to customer service reviews online, they are typically able to resolve issues much better than Network Solutions.
- A Small Orange – For those just starting out on a smaller budget, A Small Orange hosting services are the cheapest you will find. They are also incredibly fast with a comparable uptime record.
- HostGator – HostGator is like Bluehost in a lot of ways. There are a lot of options for web hosting packages. Their speed and uptime are by no means the best in the industry, but very few problems arise.
- TMDHosting – If you’re looking for super fast hosting, TMDHosting is exactly what you need. They have one of the fastest page load speeds around, and their uptime in well above average.
While we like what Network Solutions has to offer, there are so many complaints about difficult billing problems that we cannot recommend Network Solutions for web hosting or domain name registration. If you’re looking for an easy-to-use web hosting company without a lot of problems, Network Solutions is not for you.
Have comments or questions regarding this review? We would love to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.