WebHostingPad is one of the cheapest web hosting companies in the industry. They are budget-friendly and offer several types of hosting. They have several awards from Web Hosting Geeks, CNet, and other web hosting review sites.
This WebHostingPad review was created so that you can know more about the services they offer as you make the important decision of which hosting company to use for your website project. If they’re not for you, there will be further recommendations at the end of the review.
On the surface, WebHostingPad looks like any other cheap web hosting service on the market today. What makes them different is their excellent uptime of 99.99% and their amazingly fast page load speeds of 130ms. They offer free website migration for cPanel websites and their shared hosting has unlimited resources. They will also migrate your domain for free if you already have one.
WebHostingPad offers shared hosting plans, WordPress hosting with SSD storage, and VPS hosting for those with larger projects. Bandwidth for WordPress hosting is based on the number of visitors instead of actual data transfer. VPS hosting plans include a reseller account, so if you’re looking to have your own reseller or design company, VPS hosting is the way to go with WebHostingPad.
Shared hosting starts at $1.99/month and goes up to $7.99/month. Price is based on introductory periods as well as how long of a period you sign up for. Longer periods give lower rates per month.
WordPress hosting range from $2.99/month to $5.99/month during the introductory period. There are 3 WordPress hosting plans and the bigger the plan, the more visitors and sites you are able to have.
Prices for VPS plans start at $29.95/month. The top plan can cost $119.95/month when paying monthly. Again, the longer period you sign up for will affect the cost of the plan.
|Package Name||Dedicated to||Price||Disk Space||Bandwidth||Websites||Hosting Type|
|Power Plan||Small Sites||$1.99-$3.99/mo||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||cPanel|
|Power Plus Plan||Small Sites||$4.99-$7.99/mo||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||cPanel|
|WP Basic||Starting Bloggers||$2.99/mo||Unlimited||20K Monthly Visitors||5||cPanel/WordPress|
|WP Pro||Growing Bloggers||$3.99/mo||Unlimited||50K Monthly Visitors||10||cPanel/WordPress|
|WP Premium||Large Bloggers||$5.99/mo||Unlimited||150K Monthly Visitors||25||cPanel/WordPress|
|Beginner VPS||Medium Sites/Agencies||$29.95-$39.95/mo||20GB||100GB||Unlimited||cPanel/WHM|
|Pro VPS||Medium Sites/Agencies||$34.95-$44.95/mo||80GB||250GB||Unlimited||cPanel/WHM|
|Premium VPS||Growing Sites/Agencies||$49.95-$59.95/mo||160GB||1TB||Unlimited||cPanel/WHM|
|Super VPS||Large Sites/Agencies||$59.95-$69.95/mo||200GB||1.5TGB||Unlimited||cPanel/WHM|
|Ultra VPS||Large Sites/Agencies||$69.95-$79.95/mo||250GB||2TB||Unlimited||cPanel/WHM|
|Managed VPS||Medium Sites/Agencies||$99.95-$119.95/mo||300GB||3TB||Unlimited||cPanel/WHM|
Security & Risk
WebHostingPad offers at least one free SSL certificate with most of their plans. They also have an advanced spam filter, SSH access, and free automated backups. That’s about it for their shared hosting plans. WordPress plans offer malware scans, off-site backups, and WordPress optimization. VPS accounts come with up to 3 dedicated IP addresses, RAID protection, full root access, and 24/7 network monitoring.
Usability & User Friendliness
WebHostingPad uses Weebly and RVSiteBuilder website builders, which are both well known for their easy-to-use templates and drag-and-drop features. Along with their 1-click install marketplace, they also offer osCommerce, ZenCart, and CubeCart for eCommerce shopping carts on your websites.
Customer Support & Additional Info
Their 24/7 customer support is based mostly on their ticket system, but they also offer live chat support on their website. They also offer a 99% uptime guarantee and a 30-day money back guarantee. Online reviews of their customer support are mostly positive.
WebHostingPad Overall Rating
Based on this WebHostingPad review, here are the main features we liked and didn’t like.
What we like:
- Excellent Uptime – A record of 99.99% uptime is amazing.
- Swift Page Loads – Their page load speeds are much better than average.
- Incredibly Cheap Rates – Their prices are affordable by almost everyone.
What we don’t like:
- Lack-Luster Security for Shared Plans – While their security is about par for budget-friendly web hosting companies, we would like to see a bit more for their lower level plans.
Web Hosting Plans & Prices: 5/5
Security & Risk: 3/5
Customer Support: 5/5
WebHostingPad Top Alternatives
Not convinced? Take a look at these top competitors.
- TMDHosting – Super fast and reliable, just like WebHostingPad, TMDHosting offers a wider range of hosting options, for just a bit more money than WebHostingPad.
- JustHost – JustHost is almost as fast as WebHostingPad, and just as reliable. Their prices are about twice what WebHostingPad starts off at, but they only allow 1 website on each shared hosting plan.
- FastWebHost – FastWebHost is just as fast as WebHostingPad with 100% uptime. They offer free SSL certificates with all of their plans, a custom CSF firewall, and free DDoS protection for all customers.
- BulwarkHost – They also have a high-speed web server. They offer SSD storage for their shared hosting plans, and while the disk space they provide is not unlimited, there is no limit to the number of websites you can have. CloudFlare CDN is included with all accounts to speed up your website.
- 000webhost – The only way to beat WebHostingPad’s prices is to find a free web hosting company. 000webhost is that company. They have free and paid plans available.
We highly recommend WebHostingPad, however, there are a few recommendations we suggest. Don’t start with the lowest plan, though the price is tempting, you get better security with the Power Plus plan. If you’re using WordPress, splurge for one of their WordPress plans instead for extra protection and speed.
Have a question or comment about this WebHostingPad review? We would love to hear from you. Please share in the comment section below!
Leave a Reply