For bloggers, web hosting services can be a trial to figure out. There’s a lot of technical parts, and when you just want to write, it’s hard. WPX Hosting makes it easy for bloggers to get started by creating a service that only offers WordPress hosting options. Their website is straightforward, so you can discover what you really need.
This WPX Hosting review explains all the details of their services. We shall also show what makes them unique, and offer several alternatives and recommendations.
WPX Hosting Overview
WPX Hosting offers lightning fast SSD (solid state drive) storage for all of their plans. While not all plans are unlimited, it is fast and enough for most bloggers. They offer free site migrations for the number of websites you are allowed to have on your plan. The company also includes daily backups and domain email accounts.
WPX Hosting has an uptime guarantee of 99.95% which is above par for most web hosting services on the internet today. Their actual uptime track record is typically above that. Their web hosting service is super fast, with 726ms load time. They’re faster than 94% of web hosting services in the industry.
WPX Hosting has a lot of features for the even the most basic plan they offer. Their prices are reasonable as well. Their plans range from $24.99 to $99 every month. If you pay for the full year, they discount two full months for you.
For bloggers just starting out, or those with smaller WordPress blogs, the Business plan allows for 5 websites that can share the 10GB SSD and 50GB of bandwidth. The next plan above that, the Professional plan, allows for 15 websites with double the storage and bandwidth. The Elite plan is their largest plan that offers space for 35 websites in 40GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth.
|Package Name||Dedicated to||Price||Disk Space||Bandwidth||Websites||Hosting Type|
|Business||Small Blogs||$24.99/mo||10GB SSD||50GB||5||WordPress/Custom Control Panel|
|Professional||Medium/Growing Blogs||$49.99/mo||20GB SSD||100GB||15||WordPress/Custom Control Panel|
|Elite||Large/Multiple Blogs||$99.00/mo||40GB SSD||Unlimited||35||WordPress/Custom Control Panel|
Security & Risk
The security on WPX Hosting’s servers is completely optimized for WordPress websites. They also give free SSL certificates for every website you have on their servers. Their SSL certificates are installed in seconds with no forms to fill out. Their other security features include daily backups and daily malware scans. They also offer several versions of PHP that correspond with the latest versions of WordPress. Keeping the PHP version up to date and corresponding with your version of WordPress is a good way to keep your site safe.
Usability & User Friendliness
They offer free email addresses that correspond to your domain name. Installing WordPress is as easy as clicking a button.
One of their most user-friendly features is their offer for free site migration. They offer to migrate any WordPress site you currently have hosted by another hosting service provider to their servers for no charge. For bloggers that already have a website, but are looking to switch their hosting to WPX Hosting, this is a life saver. It saves the blogger time, money, and headaches. They will even migrate the site within 24 hours of your request.
Customer Support & Additional Info
WPX Hosting offers 24/7/365 live chat support. They also have a ticket system for their clients that is available every hour of the day. In addition to their quick responding support team, they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. While that is pretty standard in the web hosting industry, they have remarkably great customer service reviews.
WPXHosting Overall Rating
Now that you’ve read our WPX Hosting review, let’s narrow it down to what we like and don’t like about their service.
What we like:
- Optimized WordPress Security – With daily backups and malware scans included, one can’t ask for much more.
- SSD Storage – Super fast SSD storage makes page load times perfect for whatever type of blog you want.
- Free Unlimited SSL – This is a rarity in the web hosting industry currently. SSL adds another layer of protection to your individual websites that you shouldn’t pass up.
What we don’t like:
- Limited Plan Options – WPX Hosting only offers 3 WordPress plans. You’ll want to look elsewhere for hosting.
Web Hosting Plans & Prices: 4/5
Security & Risk: 5/5
Customer Support: 5/5
WPXHosting Top Alternatives
If this review hasn’t convinced you that WPX Hosting is the hosting you need, here are some alternatives that we suggest you take a look at.
- WPEngine – WPEngine is also a WordPress only host. While their prices are higher than WPX Hosting, WPEngine offers more plans, up to a customized Enterprise plan. They do not allow as many sites per plan, but their storage is comparable, and they have free migration and SSL certificates as well.
- iPage – WordPress plans start at $3.95/month and go up from there. IPage offers free themes and plugins for their clients that are preinstalled. Their larger plan offers professional WordPress support, enhanced security, and even more speed.
- GreenGeeks – GreenGeeks are a completely sustainable, green company. They offer unlimited SSD storage and bandwidth for their WordPress customers. Although they only have one WordPress dedicated plan, they offer free extended WordPress expert support to these customers.
WPX Hosting is a great WordPress host. They focus completely on WordPress, so a different level of technical support is not needed like it is for other hosting services that offer multiple types of hosting. While they do not offer more than shared hosting, what they do offer is fast, reliable, and very secure.
Did you enjoy reading our WPX Hosting review? Do you have comments or questions? Feel free to leave them in the comment section below!